Monday, March 16, 2009



Ok, I know this is just a picture of my front porch light, but to me, it means that it is time to work and not to quilt!!! This light normally stays off unless we are expecting visitors, but during tax season it stays on so that my clients can drop their stuff off morning, noon and night.

This past week, I have spent EVERY day working endlessly to get my corporate tax returns finished by today, and I came close to getting them all done.....only 3 extensions!!!! Now it is time to move on to the personal returns that are due in a month.

I did, however, give myself a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to work on a project. This is a quilt that I started a couple of months ago and uses only scraps and fabrics from my stash. I originally cut the pieces and sewed them together in-between chain piecing a couple of other quilts. I was amazed that I was able to finish over half of the blocks without really noticing it!!



SO, when I just wanted to work on something mindless, I picked up these blocks again. I would probably have finished it on Sunday afternoon, but as my husband plugged in his computer, it blew the lights in his office and my studio. I thought "OK, I will go do the dishes instead", so I went in the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher and reached down to start it. As I pushed the door closed, the lights in the kitchen blew out!!!!

So today, after 6 hours of searching, the electrician found two places where the wires had burned through....one in a plug that is only ever used for the Christmas tree and one in the switch for the outside light. At least we are back in the light and know that our house is safe again.

Hopefully I can find a couple of hours later on this week to finish this fun quilt.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anita said...

We'll be happy to see you again on April 16th, Frances.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews