Over the last few days, I have given myself permission to sew each afternoon, assuming that I have worked hard during the day and not wasted too much time with other things. During that time, I was able to finish the scrap quilt that I showed a few days ago.
I finished the top and now have it basted and ready to quilt....I even cut the binding. I think that this design will be a good one to practice my machine quilting on. Now, I just have to figure out which design to try.
This quilt came from the book "Loose Change" and was so easy to make. You start with a 5 inch square and cut it into a 3 by 5 inch rectangle, which leaves a 2 by 5 inch rectangle for the final border. The dark strips are cut into 1-1/2 by 5 inch rectangles. The pattern actually called for a black fabric, but I didn't have one that would work and I didn't want to buy any fabric for the quilt, so I used dark blue instead. I think that I like it better!!!!