Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival

In case you haven't heard, there is a Blogger Quilt Festival going on through April 24th. Check it out here......


This is my entry in the show........


I know that readers of this blog have seen this quilt before, but it is probably my favorite one ever made. I was inspired by a stained-glass window that I saw last year at the Mysore Palace in Southern India. When I walked into the room, I knew that I was going to make a quilt based on the window. Unfortunately, you couldn't take photos (they made us check our camera before we could enter), so I hastily drew a sketch to help me remember how it looked. When I got home, I searched online for a photos from the Palace, but there were no good ones around. So, I had to make it from memory.....and quickly before my memory faded!!!!

I visited my local quilt shop, Dragonfly Quilt Shop and happily found that they had all of the Caryl Bryer Fallert "Gradations" fabrics on sale 50% off. I knew that they would work perfectly for this quilt.

I then got online again and looked for photos of Peacocks or Peacock inspired art and used them to get more ideas for the quilt.

I had a wonderful time making this piece, and enjoyed remembering the people that I had met and things that I had seen while visiting this magical country.

17 comments:

Debi R said...

This piece is really beautiful! I bet it's won a bazillion ribbons!

anne bebbington said...

Peacocks are second only to butterflies on my list of favourite things - have long thought I must do a peacock quilt - yours is beautiful

Vicki said...

This is such a gorgeous quilt. I really like it.

Susan said...

oh my goodness Just lovely thanks you for showing it
hugs
Susan

Carol said...

I love peacocks and this is a gorgeous quilt. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Absolutely incredible! You did a fabulous job, even if by memory. A very beautiful art quilt.

hetty said...

OMG! That is fantastic! What an inspiration! And I love the way you sketched and surfed the web to find what your wanted when you weren't allowed to photograph it. Good for you!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Wow, nice design and colors.

Amy said...

This is really beautiful. I've been to that palace as well, but not inside. We were accosted so badly by people who wanted their pictures taken with Western women that we never made it inside!

artisania said...

Beautiful beautiful!! I love this, well done indeed!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing :)

maggi said...

I'm not surprised this is a favourite of yours, it is awesome.

Martine said...

j'aime beaucoup le rendu des couleurs il est superbe
felicitations

Lisa D. said...

That truly does look like a stained glass window. It's just beautiful!

(Megan) said...

This quilt is just gorgeous. And I love the idea that it commemorates such a spectacular trip in your life.

Michelle said...

The quilt is stunning. You must have a fabulous memory!

Emma said...

What a wonderful result, it looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews