I have been continuing to cover books these last few days. I plan to take them to Italy when we go in August and give them as gifts to our hosts, so I needed to get moving!!!
For the second book, I wanted to re-d0 the blue challenge quilt that I did a few months ago (original post is here)
Second step…..cut a piece of extremely lightweight fusible interfacing.
Next, cut out shapes and place them on the interfacing. Iron into place.
I failed to photograph the next part, but it included appliquing the white vase and flower and then stitching all of the pieces into place.
When I finished the book, I wasn’t happy with the fabric on the spine. So, after sleeping on it, I decided to stamp some gold flowers on the fabric and I think that it helped to pull it all together.
Here is the finished product……..
When I was starting the next book, I decided to use some of the fabrics that I had painted many months ago. I simply did some outline quilting / threadwork on the piece, added a few beads and glued it onto the book.
Here it is……
Looking at this photo, I realize that I dont like the white dots in the center…..I may put some dots of paint on them