Friday, February 25, 2011

February’s Quilt

Every so often I like to show the quilt that is currently hanging in my entryway.   Most Februarys I use a quilt that my mother made many years ago, but this year I decided to dig a bit deeper and see what I could find, and this is what showed up…..

P4211131-1

This quilt was a result of a color challenge for my guild in June of 2000.   We each picked an envelope that had a poem about one color and, as you can see my color was

RED.

At the time my son was really into op-art designs so this one just captured my imagination.  It was relatively easy to do as I followed a pattern.  My addition to the quilt was the outside border that used leftovers from my center piece.

When I got ready to make the back, I was out of time and didn’t have one piece of fabric that was big enough, so I started throwing together two  fabrics, sewing them together, cutting them apart again and then re-sewing.  _2221669

What I discovered is that this is not as easy as it appears!!!  Although I do like the way it turned out!!

My final step was picking a name……. “I’m Seeing Red” seemed appropriate.

This was one of the first quilts that was every judged in a show and I laughed  when I read her comment that “there was too much movement with no place for the eye to rest”.  What I wanted to shout was….”OF COURSE THERE IS MOVEMENT…..it is a Op-Art Quilt!!!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

This is a great quilt!

Lame-brain judge's comments like the one you quoted are the sort of thing that turn people off of having their quilts judged. It's good you could laugh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews