Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Last batch of flowers

_3081965

This flower was one of the most fun to make.  Once again, the stem was fairly short so I was looking for a flower that would move upward.

I started out by looking through this book of Origami Flower techniques …..

516SVTk8u3L._SL500_AA300_One of the designs was for a flower that used this basic design, but I ended up simplifying it a LOT ….

I started by cutting a strip of fabric, that was 2-1/2 inches wide and about 5 inches long.  I sewed the short ends together to form a tube, turned it right side out and used a machine basting stitch to stitch along the top and bottom of each tube.

I carefully gathered the two ends and then pushed one end down into the other, causing a bowl to form.  I dragged all of the threads to the back and tied them into a knot, leaving one thread on front to attach the large green bead.

When I attached these petals to the quilt top, I used seed beads to help hold the pieces in place and to also add some additional interest.

 

These last four flowers are basically simple beaded designs which I described in this post……_3081957 _3081958 _3081963 _3081964

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews