These next two flowers were sort of made up as I went.
This one was simple to make as I sewed petals (right sides together), cut a small slit in the back to turn the petal and then attached them to the quilt top. The center is basically an upside down yo-yo with some stuffing added.
For this piece, the stem was short so I was trying to think of designs that would stand upward. I found some flower line drawings that someone had given to my kids MANY years ago and saw a design that looked like this flower.
Once again, I simply sewed the petals, turned them right side out and stitched them together with the flower base.
Unfortunately, my fabric choices did not show up well on the background, so I added the fused orange border to better show off the colors. For this piece, I didn’t do a good job of placing the slits used for turning the petals, so they are sewn onto the background using a few beads. That way, you cant look at the back of the petal and see the holes.