Friday, October 21, 2011

Smoky Mountain National Park


On the final day of my week in Gatlinburg, I enjoyed a slow drive thru the Smoky Mountain National Park, punctuated with multiple stops for photo opportunities.  I entered the park about 8:00am and it was gorgeous as the sun was coming up.

The trees were just starting to turn beautiful colors…..

_A085679 _A085697

And the views across the mountains were wonderful…..

_A085689 As my husband says…."They call them the smoky mountains for a reason!!!”

_A085690

It was the PERFECT ending for a perfect retreat!!!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Beautiful photographs of stunning scenery. We don't seem to be getting the wonderful autumn colours here at the moment. I wonder if it because of the very dry and hot spring we had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews