Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Keeping Mom busy –part 1…

As I have mentioned before, my Mom is 87 years old and has been quilting since she was 13!!  She still enjoys doing hand work, but finds the planning and piecing a bit hard to do.

When I was visiting back in October, I found a “block of the month” quilt that she had started a long time ago.  She had appliqued three cute blocks but then had lost interest.   I told her how cute I thought they were and encouraged her to finish them up.  Well, a month later I received a package containing the following…..

DSC01410 DSC01411 DSC01412 DSC01413 DSC01414 DSC01415

So now I have yet another UFO!!!!   I will start trying to come up with a quick, but effective method of turning these into a cute quilt!!!!

5 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, Mom was on a roll making these last 9 blocks! Nice.

Big Jen said...

Those blocks are adorable!!

Karen said...

These blocks look great. The hard work is done. It won't take much to turn these into a lovely quilt.

Carolyn Akridge said...

The blocks are so funky! I love them! Way to go Mom! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Maggi said...

Wow, she is quick. Cute blocks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews