Friday, December 28, 2012

Change of pace

While Michael was gone last week, I had planned to work as hard as I could on the Flower Pot quilt, hoping to have a fair amount of the quilting done before he returned.  But, then came the opportunity to have lunches and dinners with various friends so I enjoyed the time of catching up and relaxing with them.

Then I got to thinking about one of my daughter’s friends who has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  She is about to go thru extensive Chemotherapy followed by a Mastectomy and then more Radiation.   As I thought about her, I knew that I wanted to make her a quilt. 

I dug into my closet and found a group of blocks that I had started playing with back in January.  See the original post here.

I cut some additional navy rectangles and started sewing like crazy to get a top finished……

_C227009

I added one navy border and then started thinking about a second border….._C227014

I really liked the top left fabric so I cut another border with the idea that I would add yet another Navy one to the outside.  However, I really liked how it looked with just the narrow border and then bound with a bit wider binding.

Here is the finished quilt….._C237028

It is my hope and prayer that it will provide warmth and comfort during the next months of her life!!!!

1 comment:

Debora said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I want to make a "thank you" quilt for someone and have been struggling with what pattern to make. I hope you don't mind that another quilt very similar to your will be coming to life very soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews