Monday, January 7, 2013

I got this!!!!

photo

Last Thursday I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee to repair a tear in the meniscus and also clean out some tissue damaged from arthritis. 

My recovery has been easy as I have had little pain and, because I can use this leg for up to 50% weight bearing, the crutches have been a breeze.

My husband has been a sweetie, taking  care of the cooking and cleaning responsibilities.  He says that the hardest thing for him is watching me do things that he could be doing for me, but I am hard headed and want to do everything that I possibly can.

I start Physical Therapy in the morning which should be an interesting experience!!!!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments….it has been great to hear from you!!!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

My gosh, I don't know what it is, but these past few months seem to have been terribly dangerous for feet and legs amongst my acquaintances. I hope you recover quickly--and it gives you time to sit around and quilt, right? :)

Karen said...

Great to read that you are progressing well. I laugh about you being hard headed and wanting to do things yourself. I think we all find it hard to do nothing!!

Maggi said...

So glad it all went well. I can fully understand why you want to do as much as you can for yourself .

Linda said...

I'm glad to know that this was not an accident and it will make all that travel easier for you! (After the crutches are gone!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews