A few weeks ago one of our members brought information about making a “Disappearing Nine Patch” quilt. I thought that it looked fun so combed thru the fabric squares that we had and came up with this set of fabrics…..
The first step was to put them together to make 6 Nine Patch blocks…..
Next was to cut them in half in both directions…..
…..then set them together into a “pleasing” arrangement……
I am not sure that this fills the “pleasing” requirement, but I think that it will be okay once a border is added.
I have learned a few things from this and feel that it would be better if I had organized my lights and darks better, maybe even having one fabric for all of the center blocks.
And that, in fact, is what I have done. I have pulled fabrics for a second quilt, but wont get to it for a while.
Tomorrow I head to Abilene, Texas to clean out my Mom’s house……50 years of stuff MUST go……