I haven’t posted in two weeks, but I have actually had time to work on various projects, but just no time to write the blog and post about them!!
My plan was to first finish up the Aussie fabric top and back. In my last POST about this project, I was struggling to get the outside border right.
When I started working again, I decided to go ahead and put the red border on the quilt. If you remember, I had debated about using a fabric that I bought in India but was still concerned that it would bleed, so I opted for another red that I had in m stash.
…..ending up with the 1/4 circle blocks in each corner…….
and especially happy with the extended design wall that just fit the Queen size top!!
Next step was to piece the back. I had a lot of other Australian fabrics that I wanted to use for the back with the hopes that I wouldn’t have many left when it was done. They were all shapes and sizes, so it was interesting to decide exactly how to use them.
Since I knew that the top size was almost the exact same size as my design wall, I cleaned it off…….
…..until I had the wall completely covered (plus a bit of extra)…..
I will get it sandwiched so that I can quilt on it a bit at a time during the busy times of tax season.