Thursday, June 5, 2014

Applique finished…..

Today I put the finishing touches (almost) on the quilt top.   I say almost because I have decided to make one more small change to the very bottom of the picture….something just doesn’t look right and I want to play with it a bit more.

The biggest task for today was to add the 8-point star blocks that are required for the guild challenge.   I thought that this was going to be an easy task, but I had a hard time deciding which fabrics to use.   I kept adding different colors and not being happy with any of them……

DSC02335

….then it dawned on me that the blocks could be rotated so that the diagonal set would be on top……DSC02338

Much better!!

In the end, I used a series of different fabrics to create the tiles and the final piece looked like this……

DSC02340

I normally don’t put a border on my “picture” quilts, but I think that this one needs to be reigned in with a border.  I have a piece of hand dyed fabric that is mostly black with some small lines of blue here and there and I think that I will use that for the border.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the top finished and get it basted and ready to start quilting…..will see if I get that far!!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

That looks great! I really like your perspective in this.

Maggi said...

This is gorgeous Frances.

Karen said...

Nearly there and looking great!

Amber said...

Beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews