In our guild, we have two challenges each year with the first being due at the June meeting. The upcoming challenge is to use the following shape in a quilt….
Look easy doesn’t it!!!!
When I thought that we were going to be in Nepal, I had planned to make something very small and English Paper Piece it while we were traveling and trekking. Since our plans changed I have been trying to come up with another idea and it hasn’t been easy!!!
I was originally trying to make something to go on the wall over our bed in the Spring and Summer when this bedspread is in use…..
….but I just couldn’t wrap my mind around what to do.
I decided to make a test block so spent a lot of time trying to draft something that was a bit different and came up with this idea…..
Although I like the design, I am not sure where it would go from here and also, it became less accurate as I added more rounds to it.
Then I decided to try making a basic star using strip pieced sets. This was the result…..
I liked this idea better but was still unsure of how I could make it into what I was envisioning.
Then I decided that any wallhanging to go with the bedspread would need to be pretty plain or it would clash with the bedspread fabric design. So, I moved to thinking about using the bedspread that we use in Autumn and Winter. The colors are more earth toned (here is the pillow sham)…..
So today I spent a couple of hours making stars in various sizes…..
So far I like the concept although you may ask how I am going to get all of these different sizes of stars to fit together….a good question and one that I have NO answer to…..we will all have to be surprised together!!!
But at least I am sewing and creating again…..